Westport's expanded focus on DEI and ESG practices within our corporate culture and investment process.
Environmental, Social and Governance (“ESG”):
Westport believes incorporating environmental, social and governance considerations in our corporate culture and investment process can broaden our knowledge base, mitigate risk and contribute to sustainable, long-term returns for our clients. We have established an ESG policy and monitor these considerations regularly.
- Environmental factors include energy usage, water and waste management, and opportunities to use greener building materials and consumables.
- Social factors include health, wellness and equitable treatment of employees, residents, and tenants.
- Governance initiatives primarily relate to creating a transparent and secure work environment led with best practices, along with regular training and policies.
Diversity, Equity and
Westport believes that through incorporating diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives within our corporate culture and investment process, our firm, clients and community will benefit positively.
- Corporate Culture and Diversity: The firm seeks to employ a diverse team of all backgrounds – approximately 55% of current Westport employees are female or people of color.
- Employee Training: Employees undergo DEI training to remain actively engaged and updated on relevant DEI policies within the firm. Westport is committed to maintaining a work environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation for all.
Note: Westport generally incorporates ESG considerations into its investment analysis as those considerations have the ability to affect the valuation of an investment. Westport determines on a case-by-case basis which ESG factors should be considered based on the type of investment it is considering. While we do not select or exclude investments solely based on ESG factors, diligence is conducted to identify any material ESG issues that would cause Westport to rule out a deal immediately.